The Armenise-Harvard Foundation offers University students enrolled in an Italian public or private university in a "Laurea Magistrale” (4th and 5th year) with a focus on biomedical research (e.g. Biology, Biotechnology, Neuroscience, etc.) or in the 4th, 5th, or 6th year of Medicine the unique opportunity to apply for their Summer Fellowship Program and spend two months, July and August, in a laboratory of the Harvard Medical School or affiliated hospitals in Boston.
In addition to the research activity, selected students will also attend career development seminars aimed at reinforcing their transferable skills (e.g. cv drafting, job applications, career planning within and outside academia), where they will meet Italian scientists and professors in Boston, who will discuss their education and career choices.
Successful applicants will be awarded a fellowship for 2.700 Euros to contribute to the expenses for the round-trip flight to Boston, accommodation during the fellowship, health insurance and visa costs.
Thanks to an agreement established between Department CIBIO and the Armenise-Harvard Foundation, Department CIBIO will contribute to the 2021 call by financially supporting up to two fellowships if students enrolled in the Department CIBIO Master Programs in Cellular and Molecular Biotechnology or in Quantitative and Computational Biology will be among the recipients.
The Call for the 2021 Summer Fellowship is now open in the Armenise-Harvard official website and will close on December 4th.
Please find all information in the call for applications: https://armeniseharvard.org/apply/summer-fellowship-how-to-apply/
and additional information at the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ArmeniseSummerFellowship/
Students interested in applying are kindly requested to carefully read the information contained in the Armenise-Harvard Summer Fellowships Call website and respect the following steps.
- Send an email to the Department CIBIO reference person for this initiative, Prof. Luca Fava, notifying the interest in applying for the Armenise-Harvard Summer Fellowship Program, attaching the completed Pre-application form_CIBIO-Armenise Fellowships downloadable from the Department Cibio Armenise-Harvard Summer School web page.
- Complete the official application procedure as described in the Armenise-Harvard Foundation official website.
- Armenise-Harvard Summer fellowship awardees must inform by email both the Armenise-Harvard Foundation and the Department CIBIO-University reference person, Prof. Luca Fava, of their acceptance.
- Training and Orientation Project to be sent to Prof. Fava no more than 14 days following the starting date in the host lab
- Assessment Record filled and signed by the Supervisor
- Training Certificate filled and signed by the Supervisor
- Trainee evaluation filled and signed by the Student
- Final Scientific Report written and signed by the Student
All the documents have to be sent to Prof. Fava.
The management and the disbursement of the fellowships are handled by the University administration (selezionipolocollina [at] unitn.it) according to these rules:
- One part of the fellowship (2.000 Euro) is paid within five working days before the departure; the remaining part is paid after the conclusion of the internship activity, upon approval of the student report by the Consiglio Department CIBIO.
- Within 15 days upon their return, student must send to Department CIBIO reference person, Prof. Luca Fava: Assessment Record, Training Certificate, Trainee evaluation and the Final Scientific Report about the internship activity.
- Armenise-Harvard fellows will present their internship activity to new applicants during the annual Armenise-Harvard Fellowship Program presentation day that will take place at the beginning of the new academic year.
For additional information please contact the responsible for the program, Prof. Luca Fava.