The Armenise-Harvard Foundation offers University students enrolled in an Italian public or private university in a "Laurea Magistrale” (4th and 5th year) with a focus on biomedical research (e.g. Biology, Biotechnology, Neuroscience, etc.)
or in the 4th, 5th, or 6th year of Medicine the unique opportunity to apply for their Summer Fellowship Program and spend two months, July and August, in a laboratory of the Harvard Medical School or affiliated hospitals in Boston.
In addition to the research activity, selected students will also attend career development seminars aimed at reinforcing their transferable skills (e.g. cv drafting, job applications, career planning within and outside academia), where they will meet Italian scientists and professors in Boston, who will discuss their education and career choices.
Successful applicants will be awarded a fellowship for 4.000 USD to contribute to the expenses for the round-trip flight to Boston, accommodation during the fellowship, health insurance and visa costs.
Thanks to an agreement established between Department CIBIO and the Armenise-Harvard Foundation, Department CIBIO will contribute to the 2023 call by financially supporting up to one fellowship if student enrolled in the Department CIBIO Master Programs in Cellular and Molecular Biotechnology or in Quantitative and Computational Biology will be among the recipients.
The Call for the 2023 Summer Fellowship is now open in the Armenise-Harvard official website and will close on December 15th.
Students interested in applying are kindly requested to carefully read the information contained in the Armenise-Harvard Summer Fellowships Call website and respect the following steps.
- Send an email to the Department CIBIO reference person for this initiative, Prof. Luca Fava (luca.fava [at] unitn.it), notifying the interest in applying for the Armenise-Harvard Summer Fellowship Program, attaching the completed Pre-application form_CIBIO-Armenise Fellowships downloadable from the Department Cibio Armenise-Harvard Summer School web page.
- Complete the official application procedure as described in the Armenise-Harvard Foundation official website.
- Armenise-Harvard Summer fellowship awardees must inform by email both the Armenise-Harvard Foundation and the Department CIBIO-University reference person, Prof. Luca Fava, of their acceptance.
- Training and Orientation Project to be filled out and sent to jobguidance [at] unitn.it (with luca.fava [at] unitn.it CC) before the starting date in the host lab (without signatures).
- The same document will have be signed, scanned and sent to the same addresses no later than 10 days after the start of the summer fellowship.
- Trainee evaluation form provided by the Job Guidance office
- Final scientific report to be sent to sent to jobguidance [at] unitn.it (with luca.fava [at] unitn.it CC)
- Attendance certificate to be signed by the supervisor and sent to jobguidance [at] unitn.it (with luca.fava [at] unitn.it CC)
- Assessment record provided to the supervisor directly by the Job Guidance office
The management and the disbursement of the fellowships are handled by the University administration according to these rules:
one part of the fellowship (75%) is paid within five working days before the departure; the remaining part is paid after the conclusion of the internship activity, upon approval of the student report by the Consiglio CIBIO.
Within 15 days upon their return, student must provide to the University the complete list of termination documents.
Armenise-Harvard fellows will present their internship activity to new applicants during the annual Armenise-Harvard Fellowship Program presentation day that will take place at the beginning of the new academic year.
For additional information please contact the responsible person for the program, Prof. Luca Fava.