The Armenise-Harvard Foundation offers to Italian University students the unique opportunity to apply for their Summer Fellowship Program and spend two months, July and August, in a laboratory of the Harvard Medical School or affiliated hospital in Boston.
In addition to the research activity, selected students will also attend career development seminars aimed at reinforcing their transferable skills (e.g. cv drafting, job applications, career planning within and outside academia), where they will meet Italian scientists and professors in Boston, who will discuss their education and career choices.
This opportunity is reserved to outstanding Italian students enrolled in the 4th or 5th year of a “Laurea Magistrale” focusing on Biomedical research.
Successful applicants will be awarded a fellowship for 2.700 Euros to contribute to the expenses for the round-trip flight to Boston, accommodation during the fellowship, health insurance and visa costs.
Thanks to an agreement established between Department CIBIO and the Armenise-Harvard Foundation, Department CIBIO will contribute to the 2019 edition of the program with two additional fellowships reserved only to Italian students enrolled in the Department CIBIO Master Programs in Cellular and Molecular Biotechnology and in Quantitative and Computational Biology.
The Call for the 2019 Summer Fellowship is now open in the Armenise-Harvard official website and will close on December 1st.
Please find all information in the call for applications: http://www.armeniseharvard.org/english-summer-fellowships/
and additional information at the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Armenise-Harvard-Summer-Fellowship-for-Italian-Students-140621582648250/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Students interested in applying for the 2 fellowships reserved for the students enrolled in the Department CIBIO Master Programs are kindly requested to carefully read the information contained in the Armenise-Harvard Summer Fellowships Call website and respect the following steps.
- Send an email to the Department CIBIO reference person for this initiative, Dr. Andrea Lunardi, notifying the interest in applying for the Armenise-Harvard Summer Fellowship Program, attaching the completed Pre-application form_CIBIO-Armenise Fellowships downloadable from the Department Cibio Armenise-Harvard Summer School web page.
- Complete the official application procedure as described in the Armenise-Harvard Foundation official website.
- Armenise-Harvard Summer fellowship awardees must inform by email both the Armenise-Harvard Foundation and the Department CIBIO-University reference person, Dr. Andrea Lunardi, of their acceptance.
- Training and Orientation Project to be sent to Dr. Lunardi no more than 14 days following the starting date in the host lab
- Assessment Record filled and signed by the Supervisor
- Training Certificate filled and signed by the Supervisor
- Trainee evaluation filled and signed by the Student
- Final Scientific Report written and signed by the Student
All the documents have to be sent to Dr. Lunardi.
The management and the disbursement of the fellowships are handled by the University administration (selezionipolocollina [at] unitn.it) according to these rules:
- One part of the fellowship (2.000 Euro) is paid within five working days before the departure; the remaining part is paid after the conclusion of the internship activity, upon approval of the student report by the Consiglio Department CIBIO.
- Within 15 days upon their return, student must send to Department CIBIO reference person, Dr. Andrea Lunardi: Assessment Record, Training Certificate, Trainee evaluation and the Final Scientific Report about the internship activity.
- Armenise-Harvard fellows will present their internship activity to new applicants during the annual Armenise-Harvard Fellowship Program presentation day that will take place at the beginning of the new academic year.
For additional information please contact the responsible for the program, Dr. Andrea Lunardi.