The Department CIBIO Cell Analysis and Separation Core Facility provides state-of-the-art instruments, training, and expertise for cell analysis and sorting.
The Facility is equipped with a FACS Aria™ II cell sorter and a FACS Canto™ A analyser as well as an innovative sorting platform to identify, isolate, and collect rare cells (DEP-Array™ System). Other instruments available in the Facility are: Tali® Image Cytometer and Gentle MACS™ Dissociator.
The Facility offers training on and access to the FACS Canto™ A for analytical flow cytometry; provides cell sorting services by fluorescence activated cell sorting (FACS) and/or by DEP-Array™ system; as well as technical consultation and support on experimental design, execution, and data analysis.
Available Flow Cytometry Applications:
- Multicolour analysis of cell surface and intracellular antigens;
- Cell viability analysis;
- Cell proliferation analysis;
- Cell cycle analysis;
- Bacteria analysis;
- Cell sorting, including single cell sort.
Additional flow cytometry methods can be implemented upon request.
Dielectrophoretic Cell Sorting Applications:
- Isolation of rare cells (circulating tumor cells, foetal cells, stem cells, e.g.);
- Cell sorting of small cell loads;
- Cell interaction studies;
- Single cell immune-phenotyping;
- Drug response studies.